Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Want it Wednesday...

First, I should tell you I fear I'm on the verge of losing the job I just got! Here's what happened: I haven't been sleeping for shit. You already know this. Monday I wasn't able to get to sleep until 4:00 AM! Yes... Four AM! I don't know how about you, but I am not a person that can function off of 2 hours of sleep- which is what I would have got if I woke up and went to work. So, I emailed my new boss at 3:30 AM letting her know of the situation at hand and that I wouldn't be coming into the office (yesterday) Tuesday. She responded and seemed okay with it. Yesterday I slept until noon and barrowed an Ambien from my sister... last night I slept like a baby. IT WAS GREAT! But today my boss wouldn't really talk to me. On the other hand I haven't been there long so it could be nothing. I know I did the right thing by not going; it wouldn't have been safe to drive and once I got into the office I wouldn't have trusted my work so it would have been a waste, but maybe I was just feeling guilty for not being there because I know that they need the extra hands on deck right now. We'll see what comes next. I've been working hard and I already know a lot of the job so they aren't having to explain in a lot of detail. So that's good news.

Now, onto the fun!:

I want...


and

I want...

and

I want... to have more hours in the day to spend more quality time with my hubby. Since starting work I don't get home till 5:45. Then I have to change clothes, cook dinner, clean up. I miss him.


Kevin started his pool league tonight. So I got to spend even less time with him tonight. Boo!!

and

I want... everyone to say a prayer for my family: For strength and wisdom. For my sister and nephew. For my Grandfather and Grandmother. I'd prefer not to say more at this time, but we could all use some good juju.

and

I want... to skip right over Thursday and Friday right into Saturday AM to:


New Moon.
We decided against fighting the monstrous crowds Friday night to see this, and instead going to any early-bird show on Saturday. I'm sure I'll be watching along with quite a few of you as well. This is something, with all of the other non-sense going on in life right now that is keeping me excited. Hey, as long as it works right?

Ok, I'm off to bed. To the Ambien- better safe than sorry at 4 AM, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

praying for you girl :o)

JG said...

Praying for your family! Good luck with the job! And you deserve an award for being smart enough to go see the movie Saturday morning. I'm already committed to the midnight show tonight and I'm DREADING it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm skipping out on the crowds as well for New Moon. I'm totally hitting up a matinee. I wouldn't worry about the job situation. I think it'll be ok.

Hannah said...

I'm waiting a whole WEEK before seeing the movie. That's how badly I want to avoid the crazy, teenage Twi-hards. They can potentially ruin the movie! (at least they did the first time I went to see it).

That seriously sucks about your sleeping habits. I go through bouts of that occassionally, but if I force myself to get up earlier, then I'm able to go to sleep easier at night.
Are you eating anything in high energy close to bedtime? (that almost made me sound like I know what I'm talking about!).