Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, Hello There

So here goes my first ever blog. I am very excited and happy that my sister-in-law turned me onto "blogging". Her blogs are to the right, I highly recommend her "Cooking 1-handed" blog. She has some amazing recipes on there. Well as I am sure you can figure out I'm married to a soldier, whom I love very much. It's crazy how you find a partner in a person you never even imagined. I wasn't looking for a husband when I met Kevin, but a husband was exactly what I found. He loves me more than I thought possible and honestly more than I deserve most days. Now, I'm sure you're thinking "oh, lord! Please tell me she isn't going to babble non-stop about how perfect the hubby is....blahblahblah." Well rest easy, that isn't the purpose of my blog. But as of now our family consists of the two of us so I don't have much else to gush about, but I promise you here and now I will not make a habit of "gushing". But coming back to the theme of my blog, the love we share is important- no strike that, NECESSARY for the survival of our marriage. A marriage that is lived at least 2 years at a time, a year together, a year suffering through a deployment, then the cycle repeats. This is the nature of the "beast". This beast being of course the Army. This is my life. I married a soldier, a career soldier. I chose to be where I am. Standing strong and proud, next to, behind, and always faithful to my soldier....

4 comments:

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Hey Sam. I am so excited that you are starting to blog. It is really fun. - And you will start to notice funny things that happen in your day that you just make a great post. There are a few on my blog that are really fun to read. Miss you.

Kate said...

I'm just started to follow your blog, I'm a fellow army wife, and I love your perspective already! :)

Catherine said...

I am a newbie blogger and Im just starting to follow your blog, I am an air force girlfriend, and i can already tell i have alot to learn about military life. thanks for blogging!!

Anonymous said...

I just recently started blogging. I to, am an army wife of almost eight years. I found you through theundomesticarmywife, who happens to be my bestie. Your post are great, and real. I like that. Congrats on your homecoming. They are AMAZING!!!