Monday, November 8, 2010

The Trifecta

The Trifecta: No Dog. No Husband. No Sleep.

All that plus being in a strange bed in a house I haven't slept in, in over 4 years... last night sucked. You'd think that would be an aspect of my life I'd grow used to. You'd think. Maybe it's only a matter of time? Maybe some are just better at that aspect than I am?

On top of that, I'm usually pretty spirited about Christmas. This year it's just something I probably won't be able to celebrate. I'm just wondering why the retailers are torturing me with Christmas decor?

(short story: I was walking through Target last Thursday with Erin and LB noticing all the decor and talking about what gifts we'd purchase this year. Well, all of it was really overwhelming. I want to decorate my house for Christmas like I did last year. Nevertheless, I was pouting in the Target. I was so sad that I couldn't really participate. Sucks.)

I wish they just could have held off until after I left the country. Whenever I leave the house I have reminders everywhere I go that I won't be home for Christmas (and all that comes along with it). On top of not being home Kevin and I may not have any of our household good until December 29th... yea, do the math.

I'm trying to remind myself that it's going to be great. It'll be Kevin and I, and we're make it special just by being together. Ho, Ho, Ho.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i know you are super busy!!!
been thinking about you and all the new exciting adventures that you are about to enjoy!!

i'm sorry you won't be home at christmas....but, at least you'll be with your man =)

bless you friend!!!

Megan said...

I know how you feel, we moved to Germany mid Nov. and didn't get our HHG's until the first week in Jan. Just think about all the Christmas markets you will be going to. Nobody does Christmas like Germany, you will see that when you get here and even though you wont be able to decorate there are plenty of things to do and see. :)

Megan said...

http://www.cometogermany.com/ENU/culture_and_events/christmas_markets.htm

Angie said...

You guys will make it great and memorable!! Wes and I spent our very first married Christmas in TLF here in Utah when we'd only been here for 5 days and knew NO ONE. But we made it work and it was actually fun coming up with ways to be creative about the holiday

lola said...

On the plus side, you guys should have a few beautiful Christmases together in Germany with so many fabulous memories! :) I hope the holidays this year don't get you too down! :(

Cassie said...

I'll trade you!