Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We did it

Ok, so even though I changed my mind and didn't want to do anything special for Valentine's Day my hubby made reservations for dinner at The Cliff House in nearby Manitou Springs. Kevin and I have been to the Cliff House twice before; once for my company's Christmas party and the first time we attempted to have a special stay there. The Cliff House Hotel not only has 5-star dining but has also won the AAA's 4 Diamond award since 2001!! This place is amazing. I had the had the Black Truffle stuffed Blue Cheese topped Bison Filet and Kevin tried the Duck. I don't remember the specifics of his- well because I didn't choose it. It was served with steamed spinach which is not something I'm interested in and we shared a great bottle for German Riesling. All in all we had a great night. Maybe doing something special for V-Day isn't so bad after all?


Other than that I'm thrilled over tonight's Keeping Up With The Kardashian's! WAKE UP KOURTNEY! Scott is the biggest douchebag on the planet.
Who bets she stays with him though?

And in this coming week my brother-in-law will be returning from his most current deployment from Afghanistan. Well really in the coming 24-hours! I'm excited for his return not only for the obvious reasons but also because my sister is ready to pop! She's a whopping 9 months pregnant and also Nathan needs his Daddy back home. Can't wait to see his little face!!! Hopefully I'll get a few good pics!

6 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Awww yay for your brother in law coming home and getting back in time for the baby, I hope I am as lucky! Have fun with the reunion : )

Unknown said...

i dvr'd kuwkardashians....can't wait to watch!!!

yay for BIL coming home :o)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I missed the episode! I'm gonna have to try to catch it.
Glad you had a great time on Valentines.

Lisa said...

Glad your BIL is back in time for the baby!! And your V-Day sounds so wonderful! :)

A Lady in Waiting said...

That places looks and sounds absolutely amazing! Glad you had a good time and that your BIL will be back shortly! YAY!

Enchante said...

Oh my goodness... I always wanted to stay here! It's definitely on my top 10 romantic places to stay list! Soo jealous =D

*Enchante*