Monday, August 8, 2011

So Many things

There are so many things going on in the world right now. So many bad things for the US; it's been a horrible week in the news, hasn't it? I couldn't decide where to start. I mean seriously there's just so much. Beginning of the week our country was saved by the hairs on your chinny-chin-chin with pretty craptastic legislation to extend the debt ceiling. Proof of the unsubstantial changes included word of the S&P lowering Americas AAA rating and China's reaction.

Or I could talk about military news. Army announces a move to 9 month deployments. Then tragically our small military community lost 30 Americans on August 5th.

Thus my dilemma: do I comment on all the recent news, or do I babble about "what I did today"?

Incase you've been really curious. I've been hitting the pool with my sis and nephews, working on my tan! Hashing out semi-last minute R&R plans. Being jerked around that R&R would get axed altogether and looking futher into New Years plans in Paris. Also been contemplating attempting to make homemade croissants. Have you done it? Is it worth it to make the dough or just use frozen, pre-made puff pastry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is totally worth it to make the dough. The frozen stuff tastes...well, frozen.

Erin said...

Yup, watching the news pretty much makes me want to crawl under the covers and not come out...

TASS said...

Crauuuuusauuuunnnnnssssssss.....LOL