Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bickering McBickerson's.

Hello, my name is Samantha and I'm kind of narcotic. I'm mostly(totally playing) happily married to Kevin, who is usually easy-going, laid back, et cetera, et cetera... My hubs is not perfect but neither am I. Lately the un-perfect sides of us have been butting heads more than the perfect-for-eachother sides of us making nice with each other. 


Now don't go and get up on your high horse; judging me. Evidently I'm a flawed person and so is my husband. We fight, we argue and we bicker. If you don't... well then good for you. But here at the McBickerson's that's how we roll. We may do all this bickering but we love each other. I've found that after we grew out of our "honeymoon" phase we learned more about each other, became closer and loved each other more. 


Enough explanating our normal behavior. I have to say I'm not really enjoying the amount of bickering going on lately here in The McBickerson's. The stress from leaving the family, moving 6,000 miles away from anything familiar, THEN being cramped into 300 sqft for 43 days is a recipe for disaster. 


Well, my name is Samantha and I'm a Bickering McBickerson. First step to every 12-step program in America is admitting you have a problem, right!? 
 

8 comments:

Erin said...

I really do think things will get better for you as you get settled into your new place.

Expat Girl said...

I bet we could compete for that title right now!

Anonymous said...

I think you mean neurotic not narcotic. Funny typo though. Hope things get better.

Paula said...

all the changes you guys have been going thru are tough, but you guys are tougher

Anonymous said...

I will be heading that way in less than a month and I'm sure I will have a last name change to McBickerson before it's all said and done! I'm sure it will ease up as you settle in to your new surroundings....spring is right around the corner (ok, ok a couple of more months), but that will help too :-)

Samantha said...

Thanks Anonymous #1... that is funny, Narcotic! Oiy... damn predictive text!

And Anonymous #2... you can email me if you have any questions...

Emily said...

Oh man.. My hubs and I did the EXACT same thing! I was pretty sure my plotting his demise was only about a week away when we finally got settled into our house here. I TOTALLY understand! And know that things do get better! :)

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

First off, anyone who tries to say they never argue with their spouse is lying. Second, when my hubby and I first moved to Italy, I thought it was going to be the end of us. We were so lost in how to process all the changes (work, deployment, new country, housing, etc.), that for the first few months we fought like cats and dogs. It took time, and some outside counsel, to realize that we were just taking our stresses out on one another, and that we worked better as a team. I'll be thinking of you chickadee...better days are ahead for you two...I believe it :)