Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 5 {Your definition of LoveDay}

I wasn't so sure where to start this post. What are we referring to with this "LoveDay": Valentines Day, maybe? I just didn't know... so I did what we all do when we're lost and searching for direction: Googled!

I found out that Global Love Day is May 1st, well according to The Love Foundation... and I concur. My birthday is May 1st. So I really couldn't think of a better day to deem "Global Love Day."

Well on the topic of amore, I'd have to agree with (and quote) Brandi and say, "I would not define "love day" as Valentines Day. A day full of love shouldn't be celebrated once a year but daily. A day full of love for me doesn't have to be anything special. There doesn't have to be a big dinner, a romantic walk, or even flowers. A day that could be called "love day" for me would be a day spent with the person you care about doing the things you enjoy doing." I think we all know that we begin to take advantage of those we love and that we have them, there. While I am not a fan of the idea of Valentines Day sometimes we can all use the reminder. 


Tomorrow is quite the reminder of amore for me. Tomorrow is mine and Kevin's 3 year anniversary. Last May I blogged about the day Kevin and I got married. The past two days I've spent a lot of time looking at my rings and remembering that day and feeling extremely blessed. I love my husband and while we aren't perfect we work perfectly well together. We may bicker and argue, hurt each other's feelings but we always know that there's love at the end of the day. I never have to wonder if Kevin's thinking of me or misses me. I know. 


Today I was feeling kind of disappointed that we didn't have a HUGE to-do planned for our anniversary. Anyone else think it sucks that it falls smack-dab in the middle of the week? But I reminded myself that every time I hear "My Love" or see it in a text that it's the small things that matter and what Brandi said was exactly right: "There doesn't have to be a big dinner, a romantic walk, or even flowers. A day that could be called "love day" for me would be a day spent with the person you care about doing the things you enjoy doing."

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you guys have a great Anniversary today!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!
I am a new follower and am loving your blog so far! I can't wait to read more.

My Army Life said...

Just wanted you to know that I nominated you for a blog award. Come check it out! http://fabulousarmylife.blogspot.com/2010/09/big-hugs-to-marty-who-blogs-at-barefoot.html

TASS said...

Am I the only one here who feels like this is a SAPPY post??? Ugh....must be nice to be so in love! Barf!!! LOL...just playin. Happy Anniversary!