Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update

I know I've been a bad blogger -- BAD Sam, bad!

I have to tell everyone about the Homecoming... Needless to say it was very emotional. I am so happy that Kevin had such a good turn out though. There were 12 of us there just for him! His mother and step-dad came into town to be there, so that was extra special. Well I've seen all the pictures that people took except for my mother-in-law's. So far there isn't a great picture of the two of us!! Bah-hum-bug! Here are a few:


The top one was taken from cell phone and the bottom one is blurry... but I'd rather have these then NOTHING! So, I'm happy!

Well, the Hubs and I are starting to get into some what of a routine so I'll be able to get back into the swing of blogging, reading and commenting on other blogs as well!
~~~~~
We had a great few days with my MIL and FIL. We had dinners, went to Cripple Creek (gambling), tooled around the Broadmoor and Mantiou Springs with them and just hung out. It was really nice, quality time with them!! :)
Kevin and I finally got a new digital camera! Wooo. So I'll be able to take my own pictures and post them too! We've also seen a few movies. We got to the newest (because its not so "new" anymore) Harry Potter but sadly Kevin fell asleep a couple of times... that acclimating takes a few days. We watched "I Love You, Man" last night. Which he didn't find nearly as hilarious as I did, but still thought it was funny and enjoyable! Tonight we're watching Twilight!! Wooo Woo. I've also enjoyed cooking again! Tonight we had pasta- which my hubby has always loved. I'm STUFFED but somehow he's got room for that Chick-pea Salad I highlighted a few posts back. Egh... whatevs.
~~~~~
This past Sunday we participated in the "Run for the Fallen" on Fort Carson. It's pretty self-explanatory. It's a 1-mile walk/run in memory of the fallen soldiers/service members. It was pretty moving. I've never been to something like that before. As Kevin and I left, I felt very grateful. Grateful, not only to have my husband home with me safe and sound but also that with all of the soldiers I know and have met I haven't known any that didn't return home.
That is until today. My sister sent me a link for a local news spot about Sgt. Matthew Ingram. He pasted away last Friday in Afghanistan. Matt was married to an old friend of mine, Holly. I was actually at their wedding. I haven't spoken to her in over a year (maybe more) but I was shocked and floored by this. I don't remember exactly where she lives, I don't have her phone number anymore, I couldn't find her on facebook... I don't have myspace anymore!! I really want to contact her though. :( Her and Matt had a daughter... she's just a baby still. I didn't know she was pregnant, I don't know her name or when she was born but based on the news she can't have been more than 10 months old now.
Sad.
~~~~~
Also!!! With some winnings from Cripple Creek (PS: Craps is WAAAYYY over my head -- thanks for the lesson though, Neal) we were able to change our hotel reservation for Vegas from the crappy Circus Circus to the Excalibur!!! :) I am super excited about this. Also, (:D) we are going to NJ for my Granny's 75th Birthday Shin-Dig!!!!!!!! Wooooo! I am so excited for Kevin to meet my Jersey family. It'll be good times. A short trip but well worth it.
~~~~~
As much I enjoy the blogging I must put the computer down and concentrate on some Twilight! At least you're all caught up on my life!

4 comments:

hmb said...

Oh I think the one with ya'll hugging is great!!!

Unknown said...

both pics are good -- but, love the one of you guys hugging :o)

super excited for you!! i know you are having a GREAT time having the hubby home!!!

i've missed getting your daily updates.

Amie said...

Adorable pics! Glad you hubby is home!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so glad you guys are back together!!! Be safe going to Jersey! I can't wait to hear all about it!