Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Support from a Distance



Kevin is currently in Balad, Iraq preparing to take the AFAST test, and scheduled the required flight physical in order to fulfill a lifelong dream of his to become a pilot. Ever since I met Kevin he has talking about wanting to be a pilot (in one form or fashion). I am very proud that he has finally taken the necessary steps to attain his dream. He has found the confidence to believe in himself. I know that he has been studying very hard and utilizing every asset he could find to prepare himself for this test.
So after all of the preparation and anxiety it comes down to the test tomorrow. I have spoken with Kevin quite a few times over the last few days and he is very confident about the test. I wish that I could be there with him to provide that extra "ooomph" of support and confidence for him; just to show him that people at home love him and believe in his dreams too. Well I'm here to let you know I believe in you babe and that I know you'll be great tomorrow and pass your test with flying colors! Here's to WO S@#$#$%^!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, we are so excited about Kevin's choice to pursue his dream! I spoke with him on his birthday and he sounded very "up" and excited. We are so proud of him and love you both dearly
Mom