Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Game Plan

Are you a planner?

I'm a planner to my core. This usually causes problems. I like to know where I am going and when and what I will be doing once I get there. I want to know how much it will cost, to ensure that I'll have enough money to participate in all activities.

I plan. I "future trip", as my husband says. I write lists- constantly.

The last few weeks Kevin and I have been coming up short on the conversation front. This happens to all deployed marriages. It's just the nature of the beast people. With a lack of conversational topics at hand we turned to our impending R&R. Our initial plan was a nice low-key R&R here in Colorado. (yeah right) Our plan evolved to include a visit to Vegas. Let me just say we are within a week from R&R getting under way. This morning our plan expanded to include a jaunt to San Diego. My longtime followers know that my MIL lives there and I also happen to have a great friend there from High School there. Our pup, Brody is also there.

Kevin and I have been allllllll through (and through again) our time in Vegas. Which shows we'll see. What restaurants we'll eat at. How much we'll spend lose at the tables. All in all we've talked out the R&R topic; we beat it to death and then revived it up to beat it again.

Today with the change to our plan to include San Diego... I was thrown a huge whammy. It suddenly smacked me in the face: "This changes everything." We'll spend more money. I'll have even less time for homework. Also, less time in Colorado with my fam here. Cue pressure. Not only am I a planner but I also like to put a lot of pressure on myself. I've now decided that in order to actually enjoy our time on R&R that I'll have to complete 3 weeks worth of homework within a weeks time. Fun, right?

Hey, anyone realllly thoroughly enjoy Econ homework assignments? Get at me. I have something super fun for you. (;

1 comment:

Heather said...

Haha, I am the biggest planner in the world. People laugh at me, because I will start planning out a day 7 days in advance. I gotta know, and I gotta be in control! It's just the way I am. I hope you have an amazing R&R!