Thursday, November 11, 2010

You know what it is...

You had to know I was going to blog today about Veterans Day. Today I thought I would share a few photos with you. I thought I'd start by saying, whenever I thought of a Vet I pictured this:
{source}










Handsome fella, wouldn't you say?
But today when I think about veterans I think of:





















Another handsome fella- if I do say so, myself! My point is... somehow I always associated "veteran" with other generations. Today I'm not cashing in on sales from retailers, today I'm at home while my husband spends his Veteran's Day "working". Today he's doing everything he can to get a shit-bag out of the Army. Today, about 8 guys from the Troop are packing and moving this soldier and his wife out of their on-post housing, because they're (the soldier and his wife) are too stubborn or stupid to realize their time with the Army is severely limited due to the fact that the soldier is allergic to acting right (or something). Today, I'm so proud of my husband for having the ability to hold his tongue, suck it up and do what needs to be done.

Today, I'm reminded that some of our countries veterans weren't supported by other Americans. Today, I am also reminded that my husband's service isn't honored and respected by some. Today, I tell those people (on Kevin's behalf) you're welcome. You're welcome that people stronger and more dedicated than you fought and still fight for your right to be ungrateful.

To my veteran and all others I say THANK YOU! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Veteran's Day to your hubby and to YOU!

Erin said...

"Allergic to acting right" LOLOLOL