Friday, August 27, 2010

SUCCESS

All my ingredients
baking away
Icing!
Last two!
DELICIOUSNESS!
















So lets start with these yummy, delicious little gems! I was a bit nervous about my first undertaking of homemade-from-scratch-Martha-Cupcakes, especially since Lola didn't have a stellar experience. Well, thankfully these turned out great! They are so moist and delicious I am SOOO proud of myself. (maybe a little over excited about this?) (NO!)

I didn't have and couldn't find Red-Gel Food coloring so I used old school McCormicks food coloring. I've read that you'd have to use more of it if you don't have the gel. So I proceeded to use 1/2-3/4th of the bottle, and it was just perfect (if I do say so myself!). For the icing I only used 3.5 cups of confectioners sugar versus the 4 cups the recipe calls for, and it was plenty sweet. The only aspect of these lil beauties I wasn't thrilled with was that all of them weren't full and round on the top. It's really a pity when you don't get the "muffin top" you're looking for. You can find the full recipe here, if you're interested (and I strongly recommend you get interested people).

~~~
Aside from my amazing cupcakes I have more good news. The company I am currently working for found someone to replace me. My last day will be next Friday. This is a good thing because it will free up my time to really stay on top of the other things I have to accomplish for this PCS.

There's one more thing... I know, how much more could a girl want than delicious Red Velvet cupcakes and unemployment? Nikki (she hasn't been mentioned on my blog in ages, but she's a great friend who just happens to live directly across the street from me), may have a friend that wants to rent our house! EEEKkk! :) everything seems to be falling into place. As I typed that I'm doing my best to fight every negative urge in my body... I have this feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop, like it's all too good to be true.

I'm gotta run! Don't forget to get baking ladies and LINK up... tells us how it went!





5 comments:

hmb said...

they look yum!

Unknown said...

They look fab!

lola said...

I'm so glad they turned out well for you! :) They look beautiful too! :D

Erin said...

Ahem...you mean free up time to hang out with me!

Jen said...

Yum!!