Thursday, August 5, 2010

My life is running away...

with from me. I can't really decide which. All the same. I feel like I am being swept away by things out of my control. I feel like I'm not longer an active participant in my life. Well, screw that... I no longer feel like I'm in control of my life- "eff" participating. Basically my life is using me to cook, clean and organize daily efforts not to stink and otherwise keep hygiene at a respectable level.
Have YOU ever felt this way?
Surly, I can't be the only one.
Right?

Here's what's happened:
I got a job. "The Man," is toying with me. He's a mean, evil, tireless man. There's always something to do or some excuse as to why I can't have coffee and tool around Target for hours (staring at diapers) with my friends, stay at home in my sweats, wipe the counters with 409 (for the 200th time, in one day), stay on top of the laundry (building outside my room, closet, and in the laundry room). Oh, and never mind all the forms that have to be completed for Passports, Home sale/Short Sale... I'll ya what, this being a grown up business is for the birds!
Do you ever feel like the weekend isn't long enough? Or like life and the world, your family, simply: every-freaking-thing is just passing you by without any opportunity to relax, be thankful, count your blessings, participate or just enjoy any of it?
That's how I'm feeling.

I had a glimpse of the good life. The life which allowed me to have coffee and tool around Target for hours (staring at diapers) with my friends, or stay at home in my sweats, or wipe the counters with 409 (for the 200th time, in one day), stay on top of the laundry. Not to mention allowed for adequate time for blogging! I was out of work for almost two years. Granted, I need to work. We, (the collective, hubs and myself) need to pay our mortgage, pay for things we purchased years ago (most of which we probably don't have anymore or no longer care about)-ahem, debt debt..., and otherwise make ends meat and keep us in the lap of luxury to which we have become accustomed. Right. No seriously, working is a part of my life. It's a part of my life anyway. This is a truth I reluctantly happily accepted about 6 months ago.

So here I am doing a job I'm way overqualified for counting down the months until we move to GERMANY.

12 comments:

Renee said...

Being a grown-up is never fun for the fist 10 years. It does get better and easier!

hang in there - you are doing amazingly well!

Erin said...

Don't lie...it's only like 20-30 minutes in the diaper aisle!

Unknown said...

I hate being a grown up.

hmb said...

It's probably just feeling that way b/c you're stressing about the PCS...I know I was way worried about selling our house. Perk up, buttercup! OR ELSE!

Mrs. B said...

but when you are in Germany you won't be able to stare at diapers for 20 mins at Target anyway.

Mrs. B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know exactly how you feel. Working for the man can be tough but just think when you get to Germany you can settle down for a little while!

TASS said...

I know what you mean Sammy. I took the easy things for granted and now I am simply trying to find the time to use the restroom and/or read a blog or two. Let alone comment on yours :( Soon both of our lives will be better...we just have to struggle now with the BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog, I'll follow you if ou follow me! Thanks

http://blog-isthenewblack.blogspot.com

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog, I'll follow you if ou follow me! Thanks

http://blog-isthenewblack.blogspot.com

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog, I'll follow you if ou follow me! Thanks

http://blog-isthenewblack.blogspot.com

xoxox

LindseyEveryday said...

Germany will be well worth it!!! Pay off what you can and enjoy life when you get there.