Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FINISHED....

This Just In:
Moments ago I completed "Breaking Dawn" the final book of the Twilight series! Phew.... Honestly, and yes I will be completely viewed as the largest dork on the planet (but I'm good with that) I am sort of sad to be finished with it. I have been completely and utterly enthralled in these novels since my journey to San Diego last month. On the other hand I am ridiculously proud of myself for committing to and finishing these books in just a month (I left for SD 15 May). I have never been much of a reader. It always bored me. I never got the 'pictures' in my head as I read about a picnic or warring vampires. So to me they were literally only words on a page- no visuals makes reading a very boring chore! Well I think it has something to do with the actors from Twilight that I actually did create these mental illustrations of what I was reading. Well, now I'm finished with these books... ugh- what does a girl do between the hours of 9-midnight???

Ok, it's official I'm a loser! But I'm cool with that... it's time you make peace with it too! :-p

6 comments:

lola said...

what to do from 9-midnight? hang out on blogger! hahah. I think *I'm* the loser ;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Go read midnight sun. It's the Twilight book but written from Edwards perspective. You can find it on her official site.

Unknown said...

I think I need to read these books even though I've watched the movie. Everyone keeps urging me to. Hey, I was up on blogger at 3:00 a.m deleting my blog archive and adding labels to everything I've written...Hows that for being a looser! I mean it didn't absolutely HAVE to be done in the wee hours of the morning, but I couldn't sleep until the task was finished:p Sheesh...

Mrs. B said...

i have heard so many good things about these books! i need to read them and watch the movie!

JG said...

Yes, Twilight is awesome. And it always helps me to watch movies AND read books. Kind of fills in the blanks, you know what I mean? You should read "The Host." It's another book by Stephenie Meyer, but it's more mature than Twilight. Not, like, in the "adult content" way (the woman is a Mormon, after all) but it's about adults rather than teenagers. It's not about vampires, either.

Megan said...

Ive had the first one for months, I really think I should start reading it. Everyone says they are great.