Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well I pretty much suck....

So I realized I'm the worst blogger/diary keeper on the planet! Seriously... I've been on here bitching relentlessly about needing a job and my woes in not being able to obtain one. Well on Monday two things I should have shared:

Thing 1: My pops had nose surgery. They shaved his septum (whatever the medical jargon for this is- is above my head) so that he can breathe and sleep "more better" (yes this is awful English/American... yadiyadayada... I like it! It makes me laugh!). So I went with him and his GF Teresa to the Air Force Academy for the procedure- his GF is totally uncomfortable around military and he's my Pop's so I had to be there.

Thing 2: I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! Wooop Woop! Well Monday after they drugged up the Pops and rolled him to the O.R. Terri and I bolted for some grub! tee hee Love you Pops. As we were walking back into the hospital/clinic (transitional thing...) my phone rings, some # I didn't know, but I answer because you never know if it is the hubs or not. A woman's voice says "Mrs. S#$#%^# ?". Is it just me or does this throw you off too? I mean really... strange number + deployed hubby + "Mrs." = recipe for a BAD day in my mind. All the same: this nice lady was calling to schedule me an interview for next Wednesday the 6th! As I told everyone a few days ago we live closer to the AFB than we do Ft. Carson, and the company is Tierra Vista. They are building the new (AMAZING) housing on Pete. A few weeks back I looked up this company (as well as the company building on Carson), found the property manager sent her (them) my resume. They both very nicely responded saying while they had nothing available they would keep my resume. So here we are a few weeks later and they called ME out of the blue!!! wooo hoo =) So I'm thinking that is a great sign!!! WOO hoo... everyone Wednesday at 10 AM MST have your fingers crossed!

OH- specifically to my Mother-in-law... I AM THE WORSE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW on the planet; I blogged the other day about Kevin going on a mission. Well I heard from him, he's perfect and back on the base!! I told myself I was going to call you and the day just got away from me- no excuse though! All is well; your baby (my hubs) is PERFECT!

10 comments:

Paula said...

I hope you Dad is OK after his nose surgery. I am glad you were able to be there with him. Also good news about the interview! I hope that works out the way you want it to. I am so glad to hesr that Kev is back on the base safe and sound!It seems everytime he calls I miss it...dang! But glad to hear the mission went well. I sent him another package yesterday, he should be getting the one I sent on April 14th about now. Are you guys being affected by the swine flu? There is a unit here in San Diego that is quartinued (sp) because one guy came down with it. Also a school a couple of miles away was closed because a student got it and they thought 6 teachers may have it, the teachers are fine and the school is back open. Mindy is taking her kids to the Dr today because they have fevers, she is really nervous because she spent 5 hours in the Mexico City airport last week on her way back home! Keep your fingers crossed
love you
Mom

hmb said...

I don't tell me MIL things either. But in my case, its on purpose. HEHE

Mrs. B said...

Good luck w/ the interview!

Unknown said...

Way to go on the interview! Its always so exciting when you get a bite:p Good luck and I hope your dad came through eveyrthing ok:)

hmb said...

yeah RueLaLa is crazy high on some things....but they had an awesome Spanx sale yesterday. I got on site just one hour after it opened and they were already sold out!

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Hey there. Congrats on the interview. Let me know how it goes.

Mrs. B said...

oh i did talk to my boss! and she said she doesn't care! so HA! take that evil bitches! lol

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hey, it happens to me all the time...forgetting to blog stuff.
That's so great you have an interview though!

lola said...

good luck!

Nikki said...

Firts off you can always call me a WOP, I call myself one LOL. Second, good deal on the interview. I hope it goes well and keep us posted on it. And last, hope pops is doing well.