Thursday, February 5, 2009

Distance

So, deployments suck... I guess that is probably more than obvious to the majority of you out there. But today is extra-sucky. My husband is hurting and I can't be with him. I hate that I can't be 'there' for him when he needs me, and selfishly (of course) I hate that he isn't here when I need him. These are the facts, the real world side-effects of the faceless troops off in a far off land policing the world. I know that a lot of people out there aren't connected, don't love a soldier who's been ordered to leave them behind to fight these wars... so it is often times difficult for them to understand what really happens... the sleepless nights, constant fears and thoughts of them leaving your life for good, wondering where they are, what they're doing, and when you'll hear from them again. Well I'm here to tell you it's real and it sucks! My other Army Wives can back me up.

There is a world separating Kevin and I, which will always create physical distance. Today I want my husband to know that if I could be there to hold your hand or give you a hug and reminisce on the good times with your Grandmother than I would do all of it and more. However, since that is impossible I will now as always be there for you emotionally as much and as often as you need.

I guess my final point on Distance is that it’s a lot like age- it’s nothing but a number. It only matters as much as you let it. If you want to dwell on it constantly and count the miles and inches between than it will overcome your days and nights. Put less emphasis on it, and it will matter less…

1 comment:

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Hey hon. I am sorry to hear that Kevin is having a hard time and that he is hurt. What happened? Keep you head up and tell Kevin to keep his down.