Friday, June 29, 2012

Nesting... sorta.

Today marks the 31st week of pregnancy and well I'm ready to nest! BUuuut, I cannot. So, what I'm doing is planning out my nesting. Haha! I opted to wait and purchase furniture and everything baby related in the states, basically because it affords options outside of AAFES. We have 2 weeks and 4 days remaining here in Germany and I've been searching high and low for the perfect furniture for the babe! Trouble is, though, I'll find something I love online and it's usually both "out of stock online" and "unavailable in stores", meaning I'm screwed.

So far we've purchased the infant carrier and that's about it!

I also have a few projects from Pinterest (of course) I really would like to complete for the nursery. Ahhh, well it'll wait and I'll have "fun" getting everything done in a short period of time, after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Haha... "fun". I'm just so anxious to start and finish! Bah but I'm stuck waiting!

5 comments:

Expat Girl said...

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be having to wait as I know the nesting urge is strongggg but think about how much fun you will have shopping over here and getting all the cute things : )

Lin said...

Ugh, I hate waiting so I can't even imagine how annoying it must be to not be able to get any of this done. Glad to hear you'll be back in the stated in a few weeks though :)

trooppetrie said...

that would drive me batty. congrats on the new blessing.

Unknown said...

I know my situation is completely different but I sort of feel the same way you do. I'm not nesting but my fiance is coming home from AIT and were going out to our first duty station and I have all these plans and things I want to do but I can't because A. I'm not legally his wife and B. because its all the way in alaska and were in texas. So I completely understand the part of wanting to do things now and get things ready now but not being able to lol. I hope everything works out and your able to get what you want and everything done once your back in the states!

Follow me at...
http://www.crazylittlelifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com/

No Model Lady said...

I HATE being restricted to AAFES!! Japanese furniture is crazy expensive and (stereotypically) tiny so there really aren't any options besides that. Good luck on your move back home!