Friday, November 18, 2011

Supporting our Troops?

I don't know about you but I'm really sick and tired of the "Bandwagon Patriots". I'm tired of people tooling around with their Yellow Ribbon Magnets on their cars preaching about how much they appreciate, honor, respect or any other such verb, the sacrifices our veterans (past and present), the 1% make. If the other 99% really, truly and honestly, appreciated anything the veterans did the first line item of the Federal budget (which is way past due, FYI) would have been and would continue to be funding Veterans and Active Duty Health care, along side funding for all military required programs effecting mission readiness. But noooo. We are all aware that our country is in the crapper, but to turn around after 10 years of war on multiple fronts, repeated combat deployments, catastrophic-life-changing injuries and 6,826 deaths and say "hey you 1% over there who give more than any other American is willing, we're going to obliterate your health care." Its just completely bat-shit crazy to me.

Seriously?

Stephen Colbert said it pretty well a few nights back. Watch here.

Senator John McCain (R-AZ) is behind blocking working age veterans from TriCare Usage, see that story on Military.com, here.

So they'll spend their days pillaging our health care, and their nights raping our pensions, spousal programs and TA benefits. It saddens me they'll still find time to screw our Civil Servants (GS workers) but I assure you they will. When will they ever find time for more corporate bailouts, hunting weekends and pissing contests in the schoolyard?

No, sincerely, I insist Keep your damn yellow ribbon, it means nothing without follow through.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

I completely agree!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I couldn't agree more. And reading this finally spurred me to write my thoughts.

http://simplysteele.blogspot.com/2011/11/here-we-go-again-again.html

Great post doll!

Unlikely Wife said...

Word, sister!!!!!!

Megan said...

Hi! I am a new follower.
I just have to say that you took the words right out of my mouth. So many times I have thought these same thoughts. I really enjoy reading your posts and look forward to getting to know you :)

http://oceansizedlove.blogspot.com