Monday, July 18, 2011

Round up

I've been spending a good part of my allowance (haha) on movies. I've seen 8 of the 13 movies I blogged about here. It's been a good summer for movies people! Since everyone I know has kids and some of the movies I've wanted to see where not kid friendly I've had to go to a few all by my lonesome. Some people consider solo movie outings depressing. I don't mind. I'm not one to go sit and have dinner in a restaurant by my self... can't bring myself to do that. Well anyway, this past weekend I broke down and saw the final Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part II (like everyone else-- it knocked The Dark Knight off the pedestal for highest grossing opening weekend with a whopping $168.5 million)! It was sad for me though. I only got into the whole Harry Potter franchise because my husband enjoyed it. I grew to like it. I had trouble following it at first because of the accents and weird names... I got the hang of it eventually. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and saw the movie without my hubby. It was great, answered a lot of questions and was very well done. Sad that Hogwarts was destroyed though... I was really hoping to see that rectified. Such is life.

A friend on Facebook posted this quote over the weekend:
"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend." 
- Stephen King

We all know I love my some Twilight but there's really no denying the truthfulness of Mr. King's statement.

Summer has been good for movies. Anything you're still waiting to see? Next up for me: Friends with Benefits with my mans Justin!! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am waiting patiently for DVDs of
Hangover 2
Bad Teacher
and Friends with Benefits.

I can't bring myself to go see a movie minus him. Oh...but wait, he went and saw Hangover 2 without me!!!!

Nellie said...

I stole Stephen King's quote from your blog to use on my Facebook status. It's so true! I love Harry Potter (especially the books), but have an addictive disdain for Twilight (hate it like one would hate a drug they are addicted to but since they're addicted to it, they can't help themselves).

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, that quote is so funny and SO true! I also don't mind going to movies by myself, sometimes I even prefer it depending on my mood. Glad you liked the movie!

Kate said...

I am waiting on my own hubby for HP. If things go like they should I won't have to wait too long! I did feel like most of my friends saw it at midnight premieres though!